A Scrum Education Unit® (SEU®) is a credit earned by completing an educational training or learning opportunity that furthers your knowledge as a scrum practitioner.
When determining whether SEUs are warranted, we take into consideration factors such as content, quality, and accuracy of material. SEUs follow a 1:1 ratio, where one hour of participation or preparation is equal to one SEU.
There’s a wide variety of ways to earn SEUs; here are just a few examples:
- Attend a Global or Regional Scrum Gathering
- Participate in a local user group
- Watch a community webinar
- Write a blog or article about scrum or agility
- Read a book about scrum or agile topics
- Volunteer in some way to give back to the agile community
To submit your SEUs for renewal, please do the following:
- Log in to your Scrum Alliance Dashboard
- Select SEUs from the navigation bar on the left
- From the Select an Activity Type dropdown, choose an activity type
- In the Activity Description section, describe the activity
- In the Activity Date section select the date the activity was completed using the calendar widget
- Enter the hours and minutes spent on the activity in whole numbers
- Select the blue Submit button at the bottom
Please note that an SEU can only be used once and cannot be reused if it was previously used for certification renewal.