A Scrum Education Unit® (SEU®) is a credit earned by completing an educational training or learning opportunity that meets a defined set of learning objectives.
When determining whether SEUs are warranted, we take into consideration factors such as content, quality, and accuracy of material. SEUs follow a 1:1 ratio, where one hour of participation or preparation is equal to one SEU.
There’s a wide variety of ways to earn SEUs. Here’s just a sampling:
- Attend a Global/Regional Scrum Gathering
- Participate in a local user group
- Watch a community webinar
- Write a blog on Agile Matters
- Read a book about agile/Scrum
- Volunteer in some way to give back to the agile community
To submit your SEUs for renewal, please do the following:
- Log in to your account - https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
- Click on My Settings (Upper righthand area of your screen)
- Select "Certification Dashboard"
- Go to the gray “Manage SEUs” button under “My Credentials” button on the left-hand side of the screen
- Choose your SEU category in the drop-down menu under “Select an Activity Type”
- Complete all the required fields
Please note that an SEU can only be used once and cannot be reused if it was previously used for a certification renewal or a CSP® application.