In order access the CSM test, you must first take an in-person two day (16 hour) or live online (14 hour) Certified ScrumMaster® course with one of our Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs®.) Course attendance is required to earn the CSM certification; individuals cannot skip the training requirement to gain access to the online CSM test. Please visit our Course Search page to find a CSM course near you.
After completing the Certified ScrumMaster course, you will receive a welcome email containing a link to activate your Scrum Alliance® certification account where you will be able to complete the CSM test.
To take your test, please go to our website - https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
- Sign in with your login credentials (Note: Your registered email address and username is included in the "Welcome CSM" email)
- Hover over Hello, [Your Name] in the top righthand corner and select My Dashboard
- Click on "Take CSM test"
- Select your language and continue
- You will be redirected to the test.com site where you will be presented with the exam.
- Please make sure to turn OFF your pop-up blockers before you begin the test.
Please note that that the exam is not supported by Internet Explorer. Browsers that work best include Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Moreover, do not use your browser's back or forward buttons while you're on the testing site; buttons to navigate through test questions are provided.
If you haven't received the welcome email to activate your certification account:
- Ensure the email was not directed to your inbox's spam/junk folder
- Use the email address that you provided to your instructor when you attended the in-person course
- Send a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, location, and instructor's name of the CSM course that you attended