In order to access the CSM® test, you must first take an in-person two-day (16-hour) or live online (14-16-hour) Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course with one of our Certified Scrum Trainers (CSTs®.) Course attendance is required to earn the CSM certification; individuals cannot skip the training required to gain access to the online CSM test. Please visit our Course Search page to find a CSM course near you.
After completing the Certified ScrumMaster course, you will receive a welcome email containing a link to activate your Scrum Alliance® certification account where you will be able to complete the CSM test.
To take your test, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Scrum Alliance Dashboard (Note: Your registered email address and username are included in the Welcome email)
- At the top of the page, select Activate My Certified ScrumMaster® License if you haven't already
- Review the agreement and select I ACCEPT the agreement at the bottom
- On your Dashboard, select Take CSM® Exam
- Confirm your preferred language
- You will be redirected to mytestcom.net where you can complete your test
Please make note of the following information regarding your test:
- You will have one hour to complete the test in which you will need to answer 37 out of 50 questions correctly in order to pass.
- Make sure your pop-up blockers are disabled before starting the test
- Be aware that Internet Explorer is not a supported browser; you will need to use Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- You should refrain from using your browser’s navigation buttons while in the test, as this can prematurely end your session.
If you haven't received the welcome email to activate your certification account:
- Ensure the email was not directed to your inbox's spam/junk folder
- Use the email address that you provided to your instructor or training provider when you attended the course
- Send a support ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and instructor's name of the CSM course that you attended, and we will be happy to assist you with regaining access