Certified Scrum Developers (CSD®) have demonstrated — through a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment — that they have a working understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, and have learned specialized Agile engineering skills. The Certified Scrum Developer course is designed for software developers (programmers) who are building software in a Scrum environment. The goal is to expose students to the most important tools and techniques needed to build good software in the iterative and incremental fashion that Scrum requires. These ideas are central to the entire field of Agile software development.
To become a CSD, you must complete all of the requirements in one of the following tracks:
- Attend an in-person, 16 hour CSM® or CSPO® course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Attend a three-day CSD technical course, including coding
- Attend a one-day Intro to Scrum course
- Attend a three-day technical course, including coding
- Attend a one-day technical elective course
Please visit our Course Search page to find a CSD course near you. You may read the course description to determine which type of class requirement it fulfills (i.e. technical, elective, intro to scrum.) Moreover, some courses may be offered in a five-day format to meet all of the requirements within Track 2.