We welcome a variety of educational activities that qualify for SEUs® toward your certification renewal. These continuing education opportunities should relate to scrum and agile topics, allowing you to answer the question: "How did this continuing education opportunity help me develop as a scrum practitioner?"
Please visit our SEUs page to learn more about submitting SEUs for each category. SEUs follow a 1:1 ratio, where one hour of participation or preparation is equal to one SEU. For example, if you attended a training course that lasted 10 hours, you would submit the continuing education opportunity as 10 SEUs.
Note: Work experience or compensated services do not qualify for SEUs.
Below are some examples of continuing education opportunities that can be submitted as SEUs:
- Attended a training course (online or in-person.) Please note that Scrum Alliance® certification courses won't be eligible for SEUs, but instead will automatically renew and extend your previously earned certification(s).
- Read a book about scrum
- Participated in a coaching session or team-building exercise within your company or organization (e.g. scrum games, activities to promote cross-collaboration between teams, etc.)
- Watched a live or recorded webinar
- Attended a conference or event centered on scrum or agile topics
- Volunteered and gave back to the community by providing scrum services or mentoring (must be non-compensated)
- Attended a local user group meeting
- Prepared a presentation about scrum or agility (preparation time only, not delivering)
- Co-trained or received mentorship from an agile/scrum coach or trainer
- Provided consulting on implementing scrum to a colleague or organization (non-compensated)
- Wrote a blog, article, or book about scrum or agility
- Listened to a podcast