We welcome a variety of educational activities that qualify for SEUs toward your certification renewal. These continuing education opportunities should relate to agile and Scrum, allowing you to answer the question: "How did this continuing education opportunity help me develop as a Scrum or agile practitioner?"
Please visit our SEUs page to learn more about submitting SEUs for each category. SEUs follow a 1:1 ratio, where one hour of participation or preparation is equal to one SEU. For example, if you attended a training course that lasted 10 hours, you would submit the continuing education opportunity as 10 SEUs.
Note: Work experience or compensated Scrum services do not qualify for SEUs.
Below are some examples of continuing education opportunities that can be submitted as SEUs:
- Attended a training course (online or in-person)
- Read a book about agile/Scrum
- Participated in a coaching session or team-building exercise within your company or organization (i.e. Scrum games, activities to promote cross-collaboration between teams, etc.)
- Watched a live or recorded webinar
- Attended a conference or event centered on agile or Scrum
- Volunteered and gave back to the community by providing Scrum services or mentoring (must be non-compensated)
- Attended a local user group meeting
- Prepared a presentation about agile or Scrum (preparation time only, not delivering)
- Co-trained or received mentorship from an agile/Scrum coach or trainer
- Provided consulting on implementing Scrum to a colleague or organization (non-compensated)
- Wrote a blog, article, or book about agile/Scrum
- Listened to a podcast