We welcome a variety of educational activities that qualify for SEUs toward your certification renewal. These continuing education opportunities should relate to Scrum and Agile, allowing you to answer the question: "How did this continuing education opportunity help me develop as a Scrum practitioner?"
Please visit our SEUs page for more information about the six (6) sub-categories you can choose from when selecting SEUs. SEUs follow a 1:1 ratio, where one hour of participation or preparation is equal to one SEU. For example, if you attended a training course that lasted 10 hours, you would submit the continuing education opportunity as 10 SEUs.
Note: Work experience or compensated Scrum services do not qualify toward SEUs.
Below are some examples of continuing education opportunities that can be submitted as SEUs:
- Attended a training course (online or in-person)
- Read a book about Scrum/Agile
- Participated in a coaching session or team-building exercise within your company or organization (i.e. Scrum games, activities to promote cross-collaboration between teams, etc.)
- Watched a live or recorded webinar
- Attended a conference or event centered on Scrum or Agile
- Volunteered and gave back to the community by providing Scrum services or mentoring (must be non-compensated)
- Attended a local user group meeting
- Prepared a presentation about Scrum or Agile (preparation time only, not delivering)
- Co-trained or received mentorship from a Scrum/Agile coach or trainer
- Provided consulting on implementing Scrum to a colleague or organization (non-compensated)
- Wrote a blog, article, or book about Scrum/Agile
These are some examples out of the many possible continuing education opportunities that can be considered as SEUs. Scrum Alliance also acknowledges that not all educational activities fit neatly into the six different SEU categories. Please use Category E.5 - Other independent learning or Category F.3 - Other collaborative learning if you're unsure which category to submit a certain SEU under.