In order to take the CSM test, you must first take an in-person, two-day (16 hour) Certified ScrumMaster® course with one of our certified trainers and/or coaches. Class attendance is required to earn CSM certification; individuals cannot skip the in-class training requirement to gain access to the online CSM test. Please visit our Course Search page to find a CSM class offering near you.
After completing the Certified ScrumMaster course, you will receive a welcome email containing a link to activate your Scrum Alliance® certification account where you will be able to complete the CSM test.
To take your test, please go to our website - https://www.scrumalliance.org/login
1. Sign in with your login credentials (Note: Your registered email address and username is included in the "Welcome CSM" email)
2. Click on Settings in the upper righthand corner
3. Choose "Certification Dashboard"
4. Click on "Take CSM test"
5. Click on "Take CSM test" (in your preferred language)
6. You will be redirected to the test.com site where you will be presented with the exam.
7. Please make sure to turn OFF your pop-up blockers before you begin the test.
Please note that that the exam is not supported by Internet Explorer. Browsers that work best include Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Moreover, do not use your browser's back or forward buttons while you're on the testing site; buttons to navigate through test questions are provided.
If you haven't received the welcome email to activate your certification account:
- Ensure the email was not directed to your inbox's spam/junk folder
- Use the email address that you provided to your instructor when you attended the in-person course
- Send a support ticket to email@example.com with the date, location, and instructor's name of the CSM course that you attended