To earn the CSP-SM or CSP-PO certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an A-CSM® or A-CSPO® from Scrum Alliance (depending on your track.) You may not substitute a certification from a different track (i.e. using a A-CSM for an CSP-PO course.)
- Attend a minimum 16 hour CSP-SM or CSP-PO course. You may find in-person, virtual, and/or mentoring courses by visiting our Course Search.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- Accept the CSP-SM or CSP-PO license agreement
- Validate at least 24 months of work experience specific to the role of Scrum Master (within the past five years.) This can be met before or after attending the course. Work experience is entered and validated on your Scrum Alliance account.