To earn the CSP®-SM or CSP®-PO certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an A-CSM℠ or A-CSPO℠ from Scrum Alliance® (depending on your track.) You may not substitute a certification from a different track (i.e. using a A-CSM for a CSP-PO course.)
- Complete a CSP-SM or CSP-PO course. You may find in-person, live online, and/or mentoring courses by visiting our Course Search page.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- Validate at least 24 months of work experience specific to the accountability of scrum master or product owner (within the past five years.) This can be met before or after attending the course. Work experience is entered and validated on your Scrum Alliance account. For instructions, see here.
- Accept the CSP-SM or CSP-PO license agreement once you've completed the educator's requirements (you will receive an email from Scrum Alliance to confirm.)