To earn the A-CSM℠ or A-CSPO℠ certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a CSM® or CSPO® from Scrum Alliance® (depending on your track.) You may not substitute a certification from a different track (i.e. using a CSM for an A-CSPO course.)
- Attend a minimum 14-16-hour A-CSM or A-CSPO course. You may find in-person, live online, and/or mentoring courses by visiting our Course Search.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- Accept the A-CSM/A-CSPO License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of scrum master or product owner (within the past five years.) This can be met before or after attending the course. Work experience is entered and validated on your Scrum Alliance account.